Training hard for the 2019 Sõrve
It is time to put our team together! Being a kid in Sõrve is learning in many ways – from making your bed to military level to confidently getting on stage in front of a crowd. This stuff will stay with you for life, and is taken to class rooms and then to board rooms.
The next step up from being a Sõrve kid is being a Sõrve leader (aka juht). Going through the leaders’ training program is not much different to an intense third year uni course work (but on steroids). This comes with all the perks of: sleep deprivation, getting to do a gazillion things at once, solving the world’s problems on a stage, and whenever in doubt, winging it . Or, if that’s not for you, you can just go with the flow, sit back and chip in your genius when called out for it.
As part of the formal leadership training and being a member of the leadership team you’ll get to:
- know what you are really really good at and what are the things you can work on
- apply your creativity
- make up games and coming up with lots of wild ideas
- inspire kids because they look up to you
- train in basic first aid to manage risk of allergy and asthma
- go through a crash course in Estonian
- sing like Maria von Trapp at the top of a mountain (don’t worry that is optional)
- have an excuse to wear folk clothes and be cool
Leaders’ meetings are compulsory for all leaders to attend on the following dates:
- 4-25 August 2019, Colo Vale
- 5 October 2019, Colo Vale
- 1 December, Estonian House
- Fourth leaders’ meeting to be confirmed
Please note: Working with Children’s Check (in Australia) must be completed (or renewed if expiring before 12 January 2020) by 31 July 2019! Please contact Rhys Maidla at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Submit your expression of interest by 31 May 2019.
For enquiries and questions, please contact Sõrve Sõbrad:
Thomas Lipping, President
Imbi Semmelweis, Vice-President
via email@example.com or 0452 581 120