Council of Estonian Societies in Australia
AESL acts as a charitable non-profit organisation; with the aim to co-ordinate activities of Estonian community organisations in Australia in their pursuit of the preservation and advancement of Estonian culture and heritage.
Membership of AESL – Any Estonian community organization, which has a membership of at least ten persons
The Executive of the Council is confirmed at the annual general meeting of the AESL and shall hold office until the next annual general meeting. The Executive of the Council rotates between Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney tri-yearly in that order.
Currently, the council resides in Melbourne.
The aims of the Council are:
- to coordinate activities of the Estonian community organisations in Australia in their pursuit of the preservation and advancement of Estonian culture and heritage,
- to supply humanitarian aid to Estonia; and
- to act as a centre for distribution of information and aid to the community organisations.
The executive of the Council of Estonian Societies in Australia
The AESL council for this term in Melbourne
- Acting Chairman – Sirje Jõgi
- Vice-Chairman – Eric Nigol
- Secretary – Sirje Jõgi
- Treasurer – Ingrid Provan
- Minutes Secretary – Vacant
- Member – Heili Brigitta Velbri
We are actively seeking new committee members, please Email: aesl (at) estonia.org.au