The Eesti Päevad 2020 festival will be held in Melbourne from 27-31 December 2020.
EP 2020 ART EXHIBITION: ‘aWay’
27th – 30th December 2020, Melbourne
The EP 2020 Art Exhibition will be held at an inner city Melbourne gallery from Sunday 27th December, 2020 to Wednesday 30th December, 2020.
The exhibition theme is ‘aWay’.
The exhibition will comprise two key parts:
- Contemporary Art – showcasing original two dimensional (2D), three dimensional (3D) and moving image artworks by Australian based artists with a personal Estonian connection. Artists may submit up to two (2) artworks completed between 2018 and 2020. There is no entry fee. The exhibited artworks will be independently judged with a single prize of $250 awarded. Artists may offer their artwork for sale, with a small commission paid to EP 2020.
- Historic Photography – comprising a curated exhibition of up to 30 photos of artistic merit that capture post WW II Estonian refugees and migrants as they transitioned to their new lives in Australia, from the late 1940s through to 1959. Of particular interest are those photos taken by semi-professional or professional photographers. Up to four (4) photos may be submitted per person. There is no entry fee. No prizes will be awarded. Selected photos will be printed, framed and hung in the exhibition by the EP 2020 Art Exhibition subcommittee. Photo owners may agree to copies of their exhibited photo being offered for sale as framed and unframed prints, with the sale proceeds being used to offset the operating costs of the EP 2020 Art Exhibition.
- End March, 2020 – Entries Open –the Entry Form, Terms and Conditions will be available via EP 2020 website and Facebook site
- End October, 2020 – Entries Close – Entries to be submitted via email, including a copy of the artwork or photo according to the technical specifications included in the Entry Terms and Conditions
- Mid November, 2020 – Contemporary Artists and Photo Owners advised that their item has been selected for inclusion in the exhibition
- Late November, 2020 – Deadline for Contemporary Artists to submit a videoed Artist Talk for inclusion in the Artist Talk video loop to be continuously screened during the exhibition
- Tuesday 22nd December, 2020 – Artwork drop off at gallery
- Sunday 27th December – Wednesday 30th December, 2020 – exhibition open to the public
- Monday 28th December, 2020 – 4.30pm – 6.30pm – Official Opening
For more information, please contact Chairperson of the EP 2020 Art Exhibition subcommittee: Bernadette Pilli via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0412 472 557.
EP2020 HANDCRAFTS – KÄSITÖÖ
EP2020 is happening in Melbourne!!! We are hoping to showcase Estonian talent through a display of handcrafted and paraded items. The parade was a great success at EP2014.
Knitted, crocheted, embroidered and sewn works can all contribute to a theme of Estonian Inspired Style.
Be inspired by functional and non-functional craftwork
• Knitted beanies and head bands with Estonian patterns
• T-shirts embroidered with Estonian symbols,
• Scarves, socks, shawls,
• Bags, purses,
Join us to make this celebration of Estonian – ess a SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!
CONTACT: Maret: email@example.com and Gabri: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website (coming soon): Festival.eesti.org.au