As Covid-19 has prevented the annual 14th of June commemoration concert, the Latvian communities of Melbourne and Sydney have instead jointly prepared a video to mark this event, which is so significant in our Baltic nations histories.
The video is 56 minutes in length and includes brief addresses (all in English) by:
- Latvian organizer Anita Anderson,
- Victorian honorary consuls for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania,
- President of Latvia, Egīls Levits
- former president of Latvia, Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga
- national anthems of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- several musical items by each Baltic community.
This video is a valuable resource for informing the younger members of our communities, as well other groups about the events of the 14th of June 1941.